5 posts Page 1 of 1
Postby benj919 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:58 pm
Hi all

The Website for the X1 Yoga lists three display options, all of them being called "anti-reflective":

14" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS anti-reflective anti-smudge multi-touch, 300 nits
14" WQHD (2560 x 1440) IPS anti-reflective anti-smudge multi-touch, 300 nits
14" HDR WQHD (2560 x 1440) IPS anti-reflective anti-smudge multi-touch with Dolby Vision, 500 nits

The Neptun offer says "glossy". Is that a typo or that anti-felectivnes not being quite anti-glare/matte? Or does anyone have any experience with or a recommendation for an anti-glare screen foil/protector?

thanks
Postby simon-ses » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:53 am
Hi benj919,

The display panel of the Neptun X1 Yoga 3rd Gen is the HDR WQHD panel. This is a panel with a glossy surface and the Lenovo PSREF information refers to the coating on the glossy surface.

Neptun distinguishes between antiglare (proper matt) and glossy (ie. when the LCD-Panel is covered by a "window"). Normally touch displays have a glossy finish (the exception to this rule currently is the EliteBook x360 1030 G3, which comes with a antiglare/matt touch display).

We have used some antiglare protector foil in the past and I will ask a colleague, if he can give some experience on this.

Best regards,
Simon
Postby benj919 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:46 pm
simon-ses wrote:Hi benj919,

The display panel of the Neptun X1 Yoga 3rd Gen is the HDR WQHD panel. This is a panel with a glossy surface and the Lenovo PSREF information refers to the coating on the glossy surface.

Neptun distinguishes between antiglare (proper matt) and glossy (ie. when the LCD-Panel is covered by a "window"). Normally touch displays have a glossy finish (the exception to this rule currently is the EliteBook x360 1030 G3, which comes with a antiglare/matt touch display).

Best regards,
Simon

I had some suspicions along those lines after reading "anti-reflective", so thanks for the clarification. Also a thank you to the team for keeping a clear distinction there.

simon-ses wrote:We have used some antiglare protector foil in the past and I will ask a colleague, if he can give some experience on this.

That would be great, thanks.

benj919 wrote:The Neptun offer says "glossy". Is that a typo or that anti-felectivnes not being quite anti-glare/matte?
thanks

That of course should read anti-reflective, but there is no edit button(?) ;)
Postby dominikc » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:06 pm
I'm using the 14" antiglare sheet from Dicota on my X1 Yoga 3rd Gen. and used it the same product in 12" on a X1 Tablet. The sheet definitely has a positive effect (less reflection) without affecting the pen sensitivity and brigthness (we measured a reduction of 1 nit). The sheet covers only the visible display area without the borders (bezel area) which means that a small area around the display remains glossy.
The sheet is a bit sensitive. When just using the pen no signs remain but over time the sheet can loose the antiglare effect on some small points where it gets in contact with keyboard keys. So an exchange every other year might be necessary. Because it is pretty difficult to fix the sheet without air inclusions or small dust parts this can be a painful task.
Postby benj919 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:30 am
Hey dominikc

Thank you for the feedback. Reapplying a foil yearly is doable given that I get headaches from the eyestrain on reflective displays.

cheers
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Login