2 posts Page 1 of 1
Postby Marshallhero » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:21 pm
Hey everybody,

I was trying to use two external monitors with my lenovo x250 and docking station under Ubuntu 14.04. The problem is that the two monitors are always recognized as a single monitor by the system and they both show the same content. I already tried different combinations of HDMI, VGA and DVI but the problem is always the same. It is also always the same monitor which is recognized by the system, regardless where and how I plug it in and the other one is then simply treated equally.
Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? Is it more likely a problem with the docking station or the hardware of the notebook? Would be interesting if someone else has fixed this problem already. I am glad for every help I can get!
Postby simon-ses » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:01 pm
Did you try it by connecting the displays directly to the X250 (without the docking station)?

The standard setting in Linux is "Extended Desktop" and not "Mirroring", therefore it should normaly automatically behave like you wish.. check in the display settings if the mirroring flag is set

Regards
Simon

ps.. I move this thread to the Linux section of the forum

pps.. We didn't yet have time to setup our X250 and I expect that it takes a few weeks more until I find time to do so. As soon as we have it setup I will try to recreate your problem and give you feedback in this thread.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

Login